Dear precious baby J,
Monday morning we will be getting up early to head to the Fetal Care Center at Childrens Hospital for a fetal MRI. (Hint: "fetal" refers to you, dear. It means "baby.")
In all my thirty years of life on this earth, I don't think anyone has ever cared to look at my brain. In the morning, doctors will be taking pictures of yours! And you're not even born! Your brain must be really special.
They've told me not to eat anything for the three hours leading up to the scan, so try to be patient until it's over. They need you to hold still for your glamour shots. I promise I'll get some pancakes or sausage biscuits as soon as we're done!
They also said it will be pretty noisy in there, but we live with your two sisters and brother so I think we'll adapt just fine.
These pictures will hopefully show all the doctors just exactly how unique your brain is. Later this week they will meet with Daddy and I to tell us what they think about it. About you. I must admit, I am curious to know what they think. But we already know what we think about you. No picture will change what we think about you or how much we already love you.
So please be brave for me, because Mommy is a little nervous about getting rolled into a large, noisy, magnetic toilet paper tube for an hour. Anything for my babies!
Let's get some sleep, baby girl.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment